Tutorials >> Chapter 4: A little more tags
The CENTER tag...
The center tag pretty much explains itself. The opening center tag is <center> and the closing center tag is </center>. Whatever you put between will be centered on the current line!
Example of CENTER tag...
The BODY attributes...
In Chapter 1 you learned the BODY tag. The BODY tag has many attributes... here are a the most useful ones...
- BACKGROUND="location_of_image" - Background Image
- BGCOLOR="#hexadecimal_here" - Background Colour
- LINK="#hexadecimal_here" - Colour of Links
- VLINK="#hexadecimal_here" - Colour of Links the User has Already Visited
- TEXT="#hexadecimal_here" - Text Colour
- Click Here to Learn how to specify Colours
Your own HTML page...
Right click in the centre of the image below, and select "Save Image As" / "Save Picture As", or similar. Save it as "bgnd.gif" in the same directory where your home page "Home.htm" is stored.
Add the following to your HTML page ("Home.htm"): (the blue text is what to add)
<head><title>My Home Page</title></head>
<center><h1>YOURNAME's Home Page</h1></center>
This is the home page of <b>YOURNAME</b>.
<p>Type something about yourself here. Describe briefly who you are and what you do for a living. Remember to use bold and italic text, for emphasis.</p>
Save the text file as "Home.htm".
Please note that the NBA logo is the sole property of the National Basketball Association. All rights reserved.
Go To Chapter 5